Vision in Mind will work with you to devise creative,
high quality and sustainable programs and solutions to
the issues you face in the workplace. We will
enable you to have an enviable environment which will give
your workplace a leading edge over your competitors.
Fay Jackson is frequently asked by managers "What is the
difference between the mental illness and the persons
character?" This is often quite easy to explain and once
managers are educated about this they find performance
management a great deal easier.
One of the courses Vision In Mind offers is Managing Stress at Work. This course covers:
Discussion about stress
You can't save the world discussion
Basic information on depression
Stages of Change
Life in Balance
The Miracle Question and future planning
Stay Well Plan
Fay Jackson, Dr. Craig Wilson,
Cath Kellet and Hanley Armstrong were speakers
at the Condobolin Rotary Public Mental Health Forum. Courtesy
of The Condobolin Argus
The costs to the
As a manager you will be doing
your company or employees a great disservice if you do not take full
advantage of every member of staffs capabilities. Very often companies, services and educational
environments have staff members and students who have incredible
gifts and talents but who may be hiding them under a bushel or
are not given the opportunity to use the talents to the best of
their abilities. This leads to a ‘less than the best’ outcome
for the individual and for the company, service or educational
We will help you design:
- Work Place Adjustments
- Training and educational programs
- Pre-emptive Agreements
- Talent registers
- SWOT Analysis both personal and departmental.
Possible signs and symptoms of depression in the workplace.
- Decreased productivity
- Morale problems
- Lack of co-operation
- Safety problems, accidents
- Absenteeism, presenteeism
- Frequent complaints of being tired all the time
- Complaints of unexplained aches & pains
- Disorganised thinking
- Alcohol &/or other drug misuse
Possible signs and symptoms of Mania in the workplace
- Increased productivity due to increased awareness of what is needed to create a great outcome.
- Creative thinking,
- Increased physical energy,
- Outgoing personality,
- Ability to convince other to work hard and adopt positive changes to work practices.
- Strong desire to please.
- Increased sales
- Grandiose ideas.
- Disorganised thinking
- Forgetfulness both of the last two points can be managed by the diligent use of a diary)
- Decreased productivity due to inability to concentrate and excitable sometimes inappropriate behaviour.
- Inappropriate divulgence of information.
- Inappropriate spending or decision making without consulting others.
- Possible sexual misconduct or being preyed upon by others.
Alcohol &/or other drug misuse is a common symptom of stress and
mental illness in the workplace.
If you do a Google search of famous people with mental illness, you will discover literally hundreds of both historical and contemporary movers and shakers, leaders, politicians, mathematicians, scientists, visual and performing artists, sporting champions etc who at one time or another have had mental illness.
more information please contact us at Vision In Mind